The web has been around for almost two decades now. And for 20 years, web designers and their clients have struggled to get a grip on the website development timeline.
We’ll show you how we’ve developed a process to design, develop, and launch a small business website in one week (guaranteed) below, but first let’s look at the problems most web projects invariably face.
The process is littered with potholes.
- Small business decision-makers generally have too many other tasks to make developing content and giving design feedback a high priority.
- Web designers take on lots of projects and juggle them at the same time causing major delays.
- Poor planning results in late discovery of needs and lots of “back-to-the-drawing-board” problems.
- Poor communication results in frustration and procrastination.
So even though the process itself has become fairly standardized, the TIMELINE estimated for web development projects is often ambiguous, usually overly-optimistic, and rarely streamlined.
Timeliness is a huge issue that very few web developers want to talk about. It is a big part of the end product.
You generally have decided you need a new website for one of three reasons.
- Your current (or non-existent) design does not reflect well on your brand. Your site looks crappy and you need to look better than the competition. Your site does not give prospects that extra push to get them to cross the finish line by becoming a client.
- You need to make it easier for your clients to do business with you on the web. Your site needs new functionality that is not available on your present site.
- You need to open up a new revenue stream through online transactions.
All of these reasons point to increased revenue as their motive. So every day that you are not using the new site is a day you are losing money through opportunity cost. And if web designers are honest, those are not days, they are months.
As a mature web design company, we’ve experienced all of the pains and frustrations that usually come with web development projects. And we’ve cast a new vision for the way these projects are executed.
The One Week Website
By approaching the web development project as a partnership in which both parties are committed to getting the job done on-time, we can guarantee that your website will be designed, developed and launched in just 5 business days.
After a discovery process to reveal the business goals, needs, and desires, website week is scheduled. We block off all of the staff time needed to knock out the project – you are our only client for the week for all intents and purposes. The client agrees to deliver all content up-front (we can help) before website week begins. The client schedules appropriate staff time during website week to review, test, and approve designs and functionality.
- Day 1 – Using conversations and our New Site Questionnaire as a guideline, our team designs and presents a flat home and interior page design for Client review. Client reviews and gives immediate feedback.
- Day 2 – Our team either makes revisions to the flat design or moves ahead to the development step if the design has been approved.
- Day 3 – Our team turns the approved design into a functioning website and installs content for testing.
- Day 4 – Client and our team test functioning site and prep for launch.
- Day 5 – Website is launched and Client is trained on editing the site (we offer website maintenance retainers if we are to update the site in the future).
Ready to learn more about One Week Website? Click the button below . . .
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]